Extended Hours Appointments
Derby City Primary Care Ltd comprises of 6 GP surgeries across Derby City, including:
- Derwent Medical Centre
- Friar Gate Surgery
- Horizon Healthcare
- Macklin Street Surgery
- Osmaston Surgery
- Wilson Street Surgery
The Federation is offering extended access appointments to its combined 70,000 patient population.
All extended access services are provided at Horizon Healthcare
We operate 7 days a week:-
- Monday- Friday: 18:00 to 20:00. Appointments are bookable on the day.
- Saturdays: 08:00 to 12:00. Appointments can be pre-booked from Thursdays onwards.
- Sundays: 09:30 to 12.30. Appointments can be pre-booked one week in advance.
How do I access the service?
The provision of this service is only available to patients who are registered with one of the 6 surgeries within Derby City North Primary Care Network.
Appointments are made via the patient’s own GP surgery and are available to patients who are unable to access appointments during normal surgery hours or when surgery appointments are fully booked.
What conditions can be treated?
The hubs are designed to treat patients with acute illnesses who require a face to face clinical assessment in order to be treated appropriately. It will be primarily GP and Nurse Practitioner appointments.
Nurse Appointments available
We can also offer Nurse appointments at the HUB on Sundays for Diabetic Reviews or Smear appointments. Appointments can be pre-booked one month in advance. Please contact your own surgery to book.
Patients who cannot be seen:
- Babies under 12 weeks old.
- Pregnancy-related problems.
- Chronic disease or long-term condition management that requires continuity of care.
- Severe mental health problems.
- Patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings.
- Walk-in patients.