Clinics and Services
You can see one of our Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Kelly or Angela for any of the problems below. They are also available for on the day appointments.
- Allergies (e.g. hay fever/ allergic reactions).
- Asthma, COPD – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an Asthma review, please use our online form.
- Back, leg and joint pains.
- Breast problems.
- Constipation and Diarrhoea.
- Contraception, including Emergency contraception – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a Contraceptive Pill review, please use our online form.
- Coughs, colds and chest infections.
- Cystitis or urinary tract (water) infections.
- Eye problems such as conjunctivitis.
- Earache and ear infections.
- Indigestion, acid reflux or tummy pain.
- Low mood, anxiety problems.
- Men’s Health.
- Minor Injuries, including wounds, burns and scalds.
- Skin problems such as rashes, eczema, psoriasis, ulcers, and insect bites.
- Sore throats.
- Tiredness, fatigue.
- Vaginal discharge and sexual health.
Our skilled practice nurses will help you with the following:
- Travel immunisations and advice. For more information, please visit our Travel Room.
- Family Planning/Women’s Health.
- Diabetes clinics.
- Asthma clinics. If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a Asthma Review, please use our online form.
- Management of ulcers.
- Childhood immunisations.
- Ear syringing.
Our skilled Healthcare Assistant will help you with the following:
- Routine blood pressure checks. If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a Blood Pressure Review, please use our online form.
- Removal of stitches.
- Dressings and treatment of minor injuries.
- Flu vaccinations.
Contraception and Sexual Health
- Counselling about all forms of contraception.
- Coil and Implant fitting
- Coil removal
- Emergency contraception.
Stop Smoking Service
NHS Health Checks
The NHS Health Check is part of a National programme that aims to help prevent cardiovascular disease. This involves a few simple tests to identify and prevent heart disease, stroke and diabetes. If you are age between 40 and 74 years and would like a Health Check, please make an appointment to see the Healthcare Assistant.
We have a close liason with the district nursing team who provide care in the community for patients who are housebound or necessitate a home visit, 365 days a year including evening and night service.
- Complex assessment of health needs.
- Wound assessment and ongoing care.
- Acute and chronic disease management.
- Health Promotion.
- Palliative and terminal care.
- Promotion and teaching of self care.
- Administration of treatment using specialised nursing equipment and medication.
- Promotion of continence and management of incontinence.
The Midwife undertakes clinics at Wilson Street Surgery on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you are pregnant, please arrange an appointment to see the GP and also make a booking appointment with the Midwife. Ideally this needs to be when you are 8 to 10 weeks pregnant. If you are more than 12 weeks pregnant, please contact the Midwives Team Base on 01332 254 714. This line is open each weekday morning from 09:00 until 10:00.