Clinics & Services
Our skilled Practice Nurses will help you with the following:
- Routine blood pressure checks (can be booked online)
- Travel immunisations and advice
- Removal of stitches
- Dressings and treatment of minor injuries
- Health checks (CHD, Hypertension)
- Family Planning/Women’s Health (smears can be booked online)
- Flu vaccinations (can be booked online)
- Diabetes clinics
- Asthma clinics
- Management of ulcers
- Childhood immunisations
- Ear syringing
Many minor surgical procedures can be carried out by arrangement with your doctor. These include cryotherapy, joint injections and removal of skin tags, moles and cysts.
Contraception and Sexual Health
We offer a comprehensive range of sexual health services including:
- Counselling about all forms of contraception
- Coil and implant fitting
- Emergency contraception
- Quick and easy tests for chlamydia and other sexually transmitted infections
Stop Smoking Service
If you would like help to stop smoking, you can self refer to the LiveWell team. Please contact them on 01332 641254 or visit their website www.livewellderby.co.uk
NHS Health Checks
The NHS Health Check is part of a National programme that aims to help prevent cardiovascular disease. This involves a few simple tests to identify and prevent heart disease, stroke and diabetes. If you are age between 40 and 74 years and would like a Health Check, please contact the surgery and make an appointment to see the Practice Nurse. Please see the NHS Health Checks tab on the right hand side of our website for further details.
We have a close liason with the district nursing team who provide care in the community for patients who are housebound or necessitate a home visit, 365 days a year including evening and night service.
District nurses provide care packages to include:
- Complex assessment of health needs
- Wound assessment and ongoing care
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Health Promotion
- Palliative and terminal care
- Promotion and teaching of self care
- Administration of treatment using specialised nursing equipment and medication
- Promotion of continence and management of incontinence
The Midwife undertakes clinics at Wilson Street Surgery on Thursdays and Fridays.
If you are pregnant, please arrange an appointment to see the GP and also making a BOOKING appointment with the Midwife. Ideally this needs to be when you are 8 to 10 weeks pregnant.
If you are more than 12 weeks pregnant, please contact the Midwives Team Base on 01332 254714. This line is open each weekday morning from 9am until 10am.
The Health Visitors are concerned with health promotion and the prevention of illness, offering help, advice and support on many things affecting the health of both children and adults. The Health Visitors can be contacted by telephone on 01332 888120.
If your appointment has been pre-booked by the doctor, nurse or midwife, you must advise a receptionist at the time of making your appointment that you require an interpreter present for your consultation.We do not have interpreters on site so, if you have a language difficulty, you should advise the receptionist that you require a double appointment. Doctors may then choose to use the language line telephone facility available for translation.